Lorna Gray FCCA
Lorna joined Gerber Landa & Gee in 1987 and qualified as an ACCA in 1991. Lorna became an associate of the firm in 1993, and a Director in 2018.
Lorna manages a portfolio of owner managed SME’s across a variety of sectors including construction and infrastructure management, residential and commercial property, retail pharmaceutical and distribution. Lorna also has a wide range of experience in the charitable sector.
Lorna can provide audit and accounting services together with both corporate and personal tax advice She also has experience in a number of company formations and start-ups, business sales and purchases together with business restructuring.
Heather Green BA CA
Heather joined Gerber Landa & Gee in 2006, having graduated from Glasgow Caledonian University with a management degree. She qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2010. In 2013, she moved to Scottish Friendly Assurance Society where she gained valuable experience working in the financial services sector.
Since returning to the firm in 2015, Heather is responsible for a portfolio of clients, providing audit, accounts, VAT, corporation & personal tax services to a number of charitable organisations, individuals and owner managed SMEs across a variety of sectors. She also regularly provides an outsourced monthly finance function to clients where additional financial advice and resources are required which involves preparing management accounts and cash flow analysis.
Heather was appointed a Director in 2018 and is our Data Protection Officer.
Michael Hughes MSci CA
Michael trained with us after graduating with a Master of Science Degree in Forensic and Analytical Chemistry. He qualified with ICAS in 2014 before moving to London based Firm HW Fisher where he gained valuable experience and continued to develop his professional skills.
Since returning to the Firm in 2017, Michael manages a portfolio of owner managed SMEs across a variety of sectors including property, retail and professional services. Clients consist of sole traders, partnerships and limited companies including consolidated groups. Offering accounts, VAT, corporation/personal tax services, he also manages company and charity audits utilising experience gained in his career to date.
Michael was appointed a Director in 2018 and is our Money Laundering Reporting Officer and recently revised the Firm’s internal AML procedures.
Ian McGougan CA
- Registered Auditor
- Corporate and Personal Tax
- Accounts preparation and payroll
- Qualified as a CA at the age of 22
- Joined Gerber Landa & Gee in 1986
- Appointed Director in 2018
Darren G Smith BAcc CA
After graduating in 1996, Darren trained as a Chartered Accountant within a medium sized practice and joined Gerber Landa & Gee as Portfolio Manager in 2003 before being promoted to Associate within the firm in 2006. He was appointed a Director in 2018.
Darren manages a wide and varied portfolio of clients covering sole traders, partnerships and limited companies in various sectors including professional services, property and media and has significant experience in the financial services and health sectors.
In addition to accounting and audit services, Darren has particular knowledge of company formations, company sales and restructuring and business consultancy including the provision of advisory services at company board meetings.
Darren is a Registered Auditor and is the Audit Compliance Principal for the Firm.
Calum Stewart LLB (Hons) CA CTA
Following graduation as a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Glasgow, Calum joined Gerber Landa & Gee in 2009, where he completed his training contract as a Chartered Accountant. In 2015 he qualified by examination to become a Member of the Institute of Taxation and a Chartered Tax Adviser.
Calum is responsible for a wide portfolio of clients, including individuals, owner managed businesses and charities, and is experienced in all aspects of business, advisory and compliance, including audit. He has experience in providing an outsourced finance function to clients, which can be an invaluable service when resources do not allow for full time professional staff. He has particular knowledge of formations, restructuring, business sales and purchases, management buy outs/ins and the taxation implications involved, where his commercial and practical approach is invaluable.
Calum was appointed Director in 2018, and is our ICAS Training Principal and takes an active role in tutoring students in their professional exams.
Julie Young BA (Hons.) CA CTA
Julie is a graduate of the University of Strathclyde and qualified as a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Adviser with Ernst & Young. After a period working overseas, Julie joined the firm as a Tax Manager in 2001 and was appointed a Director in 2018.
Julie is responsible for the tax compliance requirements of many of our clients, particularly in the areas of income tax, capital gains tax and corporation tax. She also has considerable experience in tax planning, VAT and Inheritance Tax issues, tax matters arising from business and corporate sales and purchases and assisting clients with HMRC enquiries and investigations.
Fiona Donaldson BSc FCCA
A graduate of St Andrews University Fiona gained experience over a number of years in Public Practice before joining Gerber Landa & Gee in 2002. She qualified as a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants in 2003 and was made an Associate of the firm in 2006.
Fiona is part of our audit department responsible for a wide cross section of clients. She specialises in the preparation of statutory accounts for owner-managed businesses and the audit of SMEs and charities. Fiona works closely with clients to assist them in all aspects of their businesses accounting function, to assist them in fulfilling their statutory and regulatory obligations and to offer advice and support where required.
Tom Hughes LLB CA CTA FBRP
- Auditor and Accountant to owner managed businesses and pension funds
- Acted as administrator, liquidator and receiver since 1976, including Souvenir Shops at Gateshead Garden Festival
- Appointed as Judicial Factor in several cases by Law Society of Scotland and in various partnership disputes
- Graduated in Law from Glasgow University
- Qualified as Chartered Accountant with Coopers and Lybrand (now PwC) in 1975
- Became partner in Gerber Landa & Gee in 1976
- Qualified as an auditor in 1976
- Qualified as a chartered tax advisor in 1977
- Worldwide secretary of Jeffreys Henry International, federation of CA Firms
- Qualified as an Insolvency Practitioner in 1986
- Company Secretary to Airline under Chairmanship of Sir Ian McGregor
- Council member of ICAS from 1993-1999
- Chairman of North Strathclyde Area Committee of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland from 1996-1999
- Member of Finance & General Purposes Committee of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland from 1996-1999
- Member of Working Party reviewing future strategy for Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland under Lord Smith of Kelvin from 1997-1998
- Chairman, Vice Chairman and Finance director of Partick Thistle Football Club from 1997 to 2010
- Member of Actuarial Professional Appeals Tribunal from 2004 to present
- Member of Appeals Committee of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland from 2004 to present
- Member of the Judicial Panel of the Scottish Football Association appointed in 2012
Harry Seddon FCCA
Chartered Certified Accountant, Registered Auditor and Insolvency Practitioner
- Corporate Insolvency
- Personal Insolvency
- Corporate and Personal Tax
- Forensic Investigations
- Judicial Factories
- Qualified in 1977 and obtained an Insolvency Licence in 1986
- Admitted as a partner in 1995